Southern Bassapalooza on the Fly 2018 Rules
June 16th, 2018
Registration Deadline is May 1st, 2018- Entry Fee is $200 per team
Registration Packet must be picked up at Cohutta Fishing Company from 9:00 – 6:00 on Friday June 15th
Awards, Post Party, and Camping will be held at Floyds Landing on the Etowah River Cartersville, GA
Camping is $10.00 / night / team
- Catch and Release only, all fish must be handled in a sportsman like manner.
- This tournament will be a RIVER ONLY tournament. No LAKES or PONDS. Rivers must be within a 60 mile radius of Cohutta Fishing Company.
- Each team must consist of 2 anglers, and must possess a photo capable phone.
- Each teammate must fish from the same vessel. (ie: jet boat, Jon Boat, drift boat, Canoe, etc.)
- Artificial flies only, No conventional tackle- no scented or soft plastic ‘fluke’ style of lure can be used or in the possession of any participant during the contest.
- Fly Fishing Equipment may only be used and or possessed by participants during the contest.
- To enter a fish for judging, participants must submit a picture of the angler holding the fish.
- A second picture must be taken with the fish lying on the measuring device with the tournament credential card and length clearly visible.
- Fish must be measured to the nearest quarter inch mark, participants must send the judges their estimated score for approval for each fish
- Tournament begins at daylight on June 16, 2018. ALL anglers must be at Floyds Landing @ 5 pm for the Awards Ceremony.
- All teams will be penalized 5” per minute late. Any teams that arrive after 5:15 PM are automatically disqualified.
QUALIFYING FISH SPECIES FOR THE BASSAPALOOZA
STRIPED BASS – HYBRID BASS – SPOTTED BASS- SHOAL BASS- LARGEMOUTH BASS-
*ALL FISH MUST BE AT LEAST 12 INCHES TO BE MEASURED
Scoring System- Total inches wins, measure each fish to the nearest ¼ inch. All species count 1 point per inch.
Call Cohutta Fishing Company for more details- 770 606-1100
Tournament Rod Recommendations from Thomas & Thomas
With the ability to catch such a wide variety of bass we'd recommend our Avantt 907. This is a 7wt rod with enough backbone to throw medium size streamers and poppers. A true workhouse that'll have you on the leaderboard.
If you're looking to fish a full sinking line the Exocett SS 250 is a rod you'll want in your quiver. Designed to counter the inherent challenges of casting sinking lines or ultra-compact floating lines. Powerful rod tips help to easily pull sinking lines to the surface, while the steep multi-modulus blanks dampen excess shock associated with heavy lines or weighted flies, generating distance and accuracy with fewer false casts.