Contact II blank construction utilizes five different types of premium quality carbon and fiberglass fibers, bound together by our proprietary aerospace resin system. Aligning these fibers at strategic angles as we roll Contact II blanks improves accuracy, sensitivity, and strength. Components have been carefully selected to maximize performance and comfort. Improved guide spacing moves a “Low Rider” style stripping guide to the butt section of each Contact II, which decreases line sag from the angler’s hand to the first guide.
- Optimized guide spacing with lowered stripping guides to decrease line sag between the hand and first guide
- Increased backbone power to improve hook sets and assist landing larger fish
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips increases feel and bite transmission
- Black RECoil single foot snake guides
- Black hook keeper and winding check
- Black “Low Rider” style stripping guide keeps line tighter to blank for improved strike transmission and accuracy
- New low-profile rounded fighting butt for balance and comfort
- Stealthy brown and olive thread wraps.
- Downlocking reel seat standard on 2wt to 4wt models
- Uplocking reel seat available on 2wt-4wt rods at an additional $25 charge
- Uplocking, all-metal reel seat and full wells grip standard on 1086 model
|Contact II Model||Rod Weight||Reel Balance Range||Tippet Range||Overhead Line Wt.|
|10' 2wt||85g / 2.99oz||113-133g / 4.0-4.7oz||4x-8x||WF2F or WF3F|
|10' 3wt||86g / 3.03oz||116-136g / 4.1-4.8oz||3x-7x||WF3F|
|10'9" 2wt||87g / 3.07oz||127-153g / 4.5-5.4oz||4x-8x||WF2F or WF3F|
|10'9" 3wt||88g / 3.10oz||130-156g / 4.6-5.5oz||3x-7x||WF3F|
|10'9" 4wt||89g / 3.14oz||133-159g / 4.7-5.6oz||2x-6x||WF4F|
|11'2" 3wt||91g / 3.20oz||139-164g / 4.9-5.8oz||3x-7x||WF3F|
|10'8" 6wt||138g / 4.9oz||155-200g / 5.5-7.0oz||0x-4x||WF6F|
Please Note: All T&T rods are handcrafted at our factory in Greenfield, MA. Please allow 4-6 weeks for our craftsman to build your rod.